ScienceAlert publishes timely, trusted science news to enlighten and entertain millions of readers each month. We are an independently run online news source, and our experienced journalists shed light on the important scientific issues of our time, as well as new discoveries, mysteries, and wonders from around the globe.
At ScienceAlert, our goal is to spark the curiosity that exists in all of us. We invite readers to visit us daily, explore topics of interest, and gain new perspectives along the way.
In a crowded, noisy news world, readers turn to ScienceAlert because every story is backed by strict editorial standards.
Invested in truth: ScienceAlert articles are thoroughly fact-checked to ensure the highest levels of integrity and accuracy. We don’t oversell claims from pre-print papers, studies with small sample sizes, or research based on animal models only.
Accessible to all: ScienceAlert journalists break down even the most complex topics so readers of all levels can understand and enjoy the latest science news. We’re also committed to keep our articles free for everyone.
Evidence-based: Grounded in evidence-based knowledge, ScienceAlert journalists delve deep into every concept, study, and method.
ScienceAlert’s goal is to publish trustworthy and easily accessible science news for a diverse audience across the globe.
To that end, we:
- protect the integrity of our journalism by acting responsibly in our reporting and serve our readers by presenting science accurately and contextualizing research wherever possible, steering clear of hype and misinformation;
- maintain full editorial independence from any funding sources such as our display advertisements, and don’t partner or work with organizations that undermine scientific research and stand in the way of scientific progress or action on the climate crisis;
- are open, transparent, and accountable in our work, from clearly labeling different types of editorial so as to flag the difference between news and opinion, to promptly correcting errors when they arise;
- ensure our editorial work is free from commercial or political bias, while not refraining from covering important evidence-based research and policy decisions that may be construed as political by some;
- actively work to include representation of minority groups in our visual communications, and lead the way in using positive, thoughtful imagery instead of perpetuating harmful stereotypes regardless of the subject we’re illustrating.
ScienceAlert was born from a vision to give people access to trusted, well-balanced science news and reporting free of charge, no matter where they are in the world. Founded in 2006 by ex-Microsoft programmer Chris Cassella, our independently run news site has grown to over 15 million readers per month. In 2017, Fiona MacDonald, an award-winning science reporter, was named CEO.
Despite our continued growth and success, ScienceAlert continues to be a free and friendly news source for all readers. Why? We believe that science sparks the curiosity, action, and change needed for a better future… and, ultimately, a better world.
ScienceAlert is solely funded by display and native advertisements. We don’t run sponsored articles, nor are we affiliated with other companies or institutions.
If you see advertising on our site that you don't like or don't think is appropriate, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you’d like to license one of our articles or syndicate ScienceAlert content on a regular basis, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
© ScienceAlert US LLC. 30 N Gould St, Ste R, Sheridan, WY 82801.